- This event has passed.
Copper Cooking and Conversation
February 1 @ 9:30 pm - 11:30 pm
Our ancestors predominantly used copper and brass in their kitchens because it came with a whole list of health benefits. Apart from the spiritual and even mythological reverence, these utensils were preferred for their intrinsic nutritional qualities while cooking and storing water or groceries. Somewhere along the way, though, stainless steel became all the rage, and we traded in practicality for shiny saucers and spoons.
At Mimansa, we understand that there is always wisdom in tradition. And to better understand this age-old tradition, we are hosting an interactive session with Namita Jain and Mariam Begg on conscious cooking and eating.
The talk will cover:
- Making the best of your utensils and where you can find crockery and cutlery to do so
- The importance of using fresh ingredients and how healthy food doesn’t have to be boring
- A knowledge-sharing session addressing common misconceptions about food
- Namita and Mariam’s personal journeys incorporating positive food habits into their everyday
- Food tasting from the Mimansa kitchen